COLLECTION, MATERIALS RECOVERY AND WASTE-TO-ENERGY SOLUTIONS
Eco-mobilier is a non-profit eco-organization approved by the French Ecology, Sustainable Development and Energy Ministry. It organizes collection and recycling services for used furniture. Created by furniture distributors and manufacturers, Eco-mobilier works to help the industry successfully pursue its transition toward more environmentally friendly practices through compliance with relevant recycling criteria.
1.7 MILLION METRIC TONS OF END-OF-LIFE FURNITURE
Veolia will process nearly 250,000 metric tons of furniture in 2014. Materials including wood, metal and plastic will be separated at the company's high-performance sorting centers in France. Part of these materials will be recycled to provide secondary raw materials, with the rest used for solid recovered fuels (SRF) and energy.
Veolia aims to process 260,000 metric tons of furniture in 2015, and almost 400,000 metric tons in the long run. Eco-mobilier has a reuse and recycle target of 45% for year-end 2015 and a target of 80% for overall recovery by 2017. Veolia will be actively involved in helping the organization achieve these two goals.
administrative departments in France
80% of waste furniture reused or recycled by year-end 2017
260,000 metric tons of used furniture
- Effective collection services
- Improved materials recovery
- Logistics: conventional and innovative collection services
- Waste-flow separation: high-performance sorting and remote sorting
- Materials recovery: producing recycled secondary raw materials
- Waste-to-energy: feedstock for waste-to-energy plants and production of solid recovered fuels
- Human resources: personnel management and vocational training
- Awareness raising: dialogue with stakeholders; campaign to illustrate the importance of sorting