POOLING VEOLIA EXPERTISE
In 2009, in the process of renewing a delegated management contract with the city of Bucharest, Veolia offered to include the city's main sewer, known as “La Cassette,” in the contract to carry out an assessment. The findings were startling: 70% of the sewer was clogged up. Veolia specialists also discovered that the drainage system was incomplete, with a number of shortcomings impairing operations at the city's wastewater plant.
LASTING IMPROVEMENTS IN QUALITY OF LIFE
The city of Bucharest awarded Veolia-Apa Nova the contract to carry out rehabilitation work on the main sewer, representing an investment of €39 million. Since late 2012, this extended scope has enabled integrated management of the wastewater system, helping to enhance the lives of local people and improve the quality of water in the Dambovita river, which flows through Bucharest, as well as the Danube.
1,927,251 people connected to the system
2,700 km wastewater collection system
- Operational excellence: optimal management of the wastewater collection system and improvements in the operation of facilities
- Improved asset management
- Cost-effective investments
- Water treatment: wastewater treatment
- Water conveyance: design and installation of pipes, wastewater collection, transfer, operation and maintenance
- Customer relations: customer relations and multi-channel management, management of customer accounts
- Data management and smart services: real-time infrastructure monitoring, work scheduling, dynamic asset management
- Reduced impact on the natural environment: sustainable resource management